The Design Process – Step by Step
- I visit your home in order to obtain an outline brief.
- I am now in a position to provide budget costings for the proposed work including all associated fees.
- I carry out a full survey of the property and prepare plans of the existing property together with outline plans of the proposals.
- A further meeting is arranged to discuss the proposals and perhaps offer alternative solutions.
- The plans now move on to a more detailed layout until the final design is agreed upon in principal.
- Should the services of a structural engineer be required, I work closely with an associate engineer who will provide structural details and a design certificate.
- The plans are now submitted to the local authority for consideration and approval.
- I now deal with the local authority on your behalf to resolve any issues.
- With all consents granted the construction work can now commence.